APPROACHES TO TEACHING AND LEARNING
Our approach to teaching and learning involve:
- The introduction of concepts through first-hand, practical and sensory experience
- Thematic integrated learning activities which relate to the children’s life experiences and cultural background in a multi-cultural society
- A Balanced Language program which promoted the development of children’s skills in reading, writing, speaking and listening in both English and Mandarin
- The implementation of a structured scheme to support children’s acquisition of mathematical and scientific concepts
- Systematic conservation and ongoing assessment of each child’s achievements
- Children will learn in a meaningful context, children discover things from observation, inquiry, exploration and first-hand experiences
- Teachers as supporters of learning whom are able to support and extend the children’s learning and thinking
- Engaging children in learning through play where is a vehicle for motivating children to learn about themselves and the world around them.
- Children are given ample opportunities for extensive and meaningful interactions with materials, peers and teachers. Knowledge will be constructed and relationships are built when children interact in a nurturing and positive environment.
- Ongoing reviews of curriculum provision to ensure to meet every child’s individual developmental needs.